Thursday, February 28, 2013

Treats for my Sweet Bug...

So this is the weekend of the bug bash!!! I have been hard at work on the details and now the fun stuff starts.  I made some treats for the party today...

I wanted to do fun bug themed desserts and decided on two different cake calls.
First I did a chocolate cake ball dipped in red chocolate and added mini chocolate chips as the dots to make lady bug cake balls.  Aren't those sweet?


Next I decided to make vanilla cake balls into bumble bees.  I dipped them in yellow chocolate and then striped them in chocolate.  I added a chocolate chip as a stinger and added white chocolate wings.  For the wings I cut white chocolate melts in half!

The last treat I worked on was ants on a log.  I was going to do the traditional celery with peanut butter, but honestly I am not sure how many kids would eat it- so I dipped pretzel "logs" in white chocolate and added brown sprinkles to make them look like ants.  

I love how they all came out together!  I cannot wait to put together the whole dessert table...now wish me luck with the cake....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!