Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feeling the Love

So, it's Valentine's Week.    I am making all things hearts and red this week.  My daughter's lunch all week has had some sort of love theme, right down to heart shaped sandwiches and strawberries cut into hearts.    I am also hosting my first Daisy Scout Meeting on Valentine's Day, so I am having the girls make a heart craft on top of a name tag craft to get the meeting started.   Of course the most important thing I have been working on is the Valentine's for the kids respective schools.  


My son is in a co-operative day school that is an allergy awareness school.  As such, all of the snacks and treats have to be nut free.  The school tries to focus on healthy snacks, so I didn't want to do candy as the basis for his valentine.  Since the kids all love goldfish, I made his treat individual goldfish packets.  I forgot to snap a picture before I sent them in (we send them in early so the kids can sort them in bags as a learning exercise).   But I cut out a tag in the shape of a fish and wrote two different sayings on them.  The first read... Will you O"fish"ally be my Valentine?  The second one read... It's O"fish", I think you are great! 


For my daughter's school I was inspired by the no candy idea, so I thought I would come up with some cute little gift.  There are a TON of ideas on pinterest, but I wanted something a little different.  I was at local store and saw these adorable coin purses and thought I could do something cute with that.  I bought enough for the girls and decided to come up with a cute saying.  For the boys, I found these cute little cars and I went with an idea from pinterest.    Here is the final product!


I loved how they turned out!  I can't wait for her to give them out this week.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!