Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that....

I know it's Valentine's Day and I am enjoying that (complete with pink waffles, heart shaped cucumbers for my sons preschool class and a special Valentine's lunch for my daughter), but as usual, my mind is onto the next holiday.  I am working on the bug party... I'll post some sneak peeks of that soon... but while I had a free moment I thought I would share some treats I made for my daughter's class for her Birthday this year.

My daughter had an Alice in Wonderland themed party, but since most of the kids in her class were attending the party, I wanted to do something different for the class party.   She thought for a long time, but then she decided she wanted a Cat in the Hat theme.  So I ran with it.   I made cute little Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes.  I also made these cute little treats... 

First up was these simple little Thing 1 and Thing 2 bubbles.  I got them from Oriental Trading.  I just made the stickers and glued blue pom, poms to the tops. 



I also found these swirly lollipops at Oriental Trading.  I used a 1 1/2 inch hole punch and then with an exacto knife made a tiny hole and inserted the lollipop to look like the Cat in the Hat's hat. 
 

Once again I found these boxes at Oriental Trading (can you tell I love them!)... They are cupcake boxes, but they worked perfectly.  I found Cat in the Hat stickers and I put them on a scallop punch on the outside.   Inside I put the bubbles, the lollipops, Cat in the Hat stickers and a bookmark.  I also made one final treat....
 


For the final treat I made Cat in the Hat marshmallow and Chocolate hats.  I piped white chocolate onto a cookie sheet and let that harden.  Then I took a large marshmallow and dipped either end in red chocolate and attached to the white chocolate bottoms.  I put them in a bag with a little tag along the top and they came out so cute!  The kids especially loved them!




Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as the kids loved getting them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!