Friday, February 15, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake...

My house is quiet, say what?  It's been a busy week and I finally have a little time alone.  I threw in the laundry and while I could potentially be doing a ton of things, I wanted to take a little time out to post a few cakes I have made... let's call it "catch up, cake and treat style!"

So many moons ago, I could not sleep (shocking, I know) so I watched an infomercial for this cake decorating set.  By morning I was determined to get it- but instead of the one from the infomercial, I bought a cheap little set at a decorating store.  I have never taken a class and sometimes the things work, and sometimes they don't.  Good thing even my mistakes are tasty....

So here are a few of the things I have done over the years...

Cupcakes for Superbowl!



Cake for Grandma's Birthday!

Cake for my girlfriends bridal shower- it was beach themed...see the shells... I tried!

 Random mummy cupcakes for Halloween along with some spider webs...




Easter cupcakes and Easter basket cake!


Polka cake for my daughter's polka dot themed 1st Birthday and Little Mermaid cakes for her 2nd Birthday!



Practicing my basket weave!

Baby shower cake I made for a friend!

Crossword themed cake I made for my Mother's 70th Birthday....cupcakes too...I even made the liners and toppers!



Shark cake I made for my nephew's birthday!

Halloween Oreo pops for my daughters school!






It was a busy time for by best friend...First I did the blue and grey cake for her bridal shower and then a year later, I did the red carpet cake for her "A Star is Born" baby shower!



 Pinkalicious cupcakes and Cake for my daughter's 4th Birthday!



Race car cake and cupcakes for my son's 2nd Birthday!








Striped and polka dot cake for my nieces birthday!


More roses and basket weave work!



Rainbow themed cake for my daughter's 5th Birthday!



I had to post a picture of the inside...so you could fully appreciate the work that went into that cake... there were 18 layers to that cake!!!!

Rabbit out of the Hat cake...for my nephews magic themed birthday party!



Dinosaur themed cake for my sons third Birthday!

Teapot and cupcakes for a friends bridal shower!




Wow...now I am hungry... thanks for taking a look at some of the cakes I have attempted in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!