Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bug Bash

So the party was a success!  The boy was very happy and several of the kids exclaimed "best party ever" as they left, which to me, is the best compliment.  I apologize in advance that there are a lot of pictures... but I didn't want to leave out any details... 


The cake!   I am really happy how it turned out.  The kids especially loved the centipede in the back!




The Happy Birthday Banner.  I should have gotten a close up, but I used wood grain contact paper I found at the dollar store and then added bug stickers.    And I made a paper tree for the corner of the room! 

The table setting.  Several of the kids actually asked me if bugs took a bite out of the plate!



 The welcome sign, complete with bugs and a spider web!



I loved this for the front door- it was just the right amount of creepy!


The favors we made... bars of soap with bugs in them and butterfly nets.  I also set out bug pencils and spider rings and the kids threw them in the nets on the way out. 

Some of the treats...Ants on a log, bumble bee cake pops, lady bug cake pops, ant watermelon salad,  and spider crudites, bug juice (lemonade I turned green!), dirt cups (chocolate Oreo pudding) and of course, gummy worms and sour worms....









And the Birthday boy in his bug shirt and the full dessert table!
 





We did two crafts at the party, a make your own bug jar and bug masks and crowns.  I also had a bug tattoo station.  It was just perfect and despite driving me a little buggy, well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!