Saturday, March 9, 2013

Follow Me Down the Rabbit Hole...

So while I have a few free minutes I thought I would try and catch up on some of the other parties I have had in the past.  In January I did an Alice in Wonderland themed party for my daughter's 6th Birthday.   Other than the cake falling (damn you gravity for making the Topsy turvy cake fall down!), the party was great.     I set the upstairs of the house as the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and the downstairs as the Queen of Hearts.   Here are some of the highlights from the party (sorry for the overload)...

The entrance... I made this Cheshire Cat "6" for the front door... and of course I had to have some "painting the roses red" in the front bush...




The table setting... I got the cutest tea cups from a local thrift shop that I glued together and added flowers in to make the centerpieces.  I also got these cute tea cup sippy cups for each of the guests and finally I had paper straws with labels that read "Drink Me."



I also made a special chair for the birthday girl!



I made a photo booth area complete with props.   The kids loved this.  I took some really great and funny pictures of the kids (the adults got in on the fun too).  I made copies of the pictures of the kids and sent them in their thank you's. 
 

The favor... I used different color Chinese takeout boxes I got from Micheal's Craft Store.    I glued squares of card stock on the bottom, added a ribbon and put a little 10/16 hat size tag on them.  Inside were bubbles, playing cards and tea pot shaped lollipops.


The room looked cute all together.   It is hard to see in this picture, but along the window I strung black skeleton keys and cutouts of pocket watches, along with white lanterns.  I also made this sign (I re-purposed an Easter Egg hunt sign) and of course had to have the doorknob!





The dessert table... I made the table look like Alice's skirt, complete with pocket and a skeleton key! 
 Some of the treats...


I just loved these... Cheshire Cat cake push-pops!



 Then the kids headed down stairs for crafts and games. 




I just loved this little tea cup topiary... I had a vision of making a lot of them at first, but I just ran out of time and made just the one...

 I made this garland from playing cards I strung together.  I also hot glued together this house of cards as decorations and I had a big one in the guest bathroom downstairs!



The kids decorated their own Mad Hatter Hats!


Then they played "Pin the Grin" on the Cheshire Cat.



A very happy Birthday girl!

 And just for fun... the birthday girl and friends having fun in the photo booth!





 I hope you have enjoyed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!