Wednesday, March 27, 2013

EGG-cellent fun!

We finally got around to dying our eggs today... The kids had a blast mixing the colors and dropping them in the cups.

We used the good old fashioned paas set... Why mess with a tried and true classic?




The finished eggs drying in a muffin tin.


When we were all done, I had a TON of dye left over... I was going to throw it away, but thought there must be something we can do with it.  So I went to an old favorite.  Glue, salt and colored water pictures.    The kids thought they were so cool.  

First you put down glue in a random pattern.  Add salt and then take a dropper (we used straws) and drop colored water on top.  The egg dye worked well because the colors were so vibrant. 





The finished glue and salt projects drying.  I love how they turned out...



A close up- I can't wait for them to dry completely.  I think we might turn them into Easter cards for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!