Friday, August 16, 2013

Cakapolooza...

 I am a little late in posting this, but the end of the year was a busy time making cakes and treats for various events and then well...summer set in (and you know the drill)...  Here are some of the things I made recently....

This is not the best picture, but it's an earth shaped cake I made for my son's teachers retirement.  She is very green and loved it!  (excuse the mess... this picture was taken midway through my baking extravaganza that day).

I even made the inside of the cake look like a globe! 


My nephew's 7th Birthday was up next... He had an angry bird themed party.  I loved how the cake turned out.


I made the birds and the blocks and sling shot first and let them dry a bit so that they would stay on the cake.  I used rice crispy treats to make the blocks and covered in fondant and it worked well. 


Next, my daughter had a luau themed teacher appreciation dinner.  I wasn't able to attend, but sent along some tiki and pineapple cake pops!  


I bought these cheap containers from the dollar store and put foam in the bottom.  I added some grass from a grass skirt inside and hot glued a lei outside to add to the presentation. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!