Monday, June 10, 2013

Winding Down the School Year...

I cannot believe that an entire school year has gone by!!!

My daughter is finishing up kindergarten and my son finishes nursery school this week.  I know it is cliche but it does feel like we just started the year!!  I made a goal to try and do my daughters hair each day... she was a willing participant for much of it, but there were many morning she just wanted to wear a simple headband... that was no fun.  But she did say she loved the attention she got, especially for super fun hair styles like when I made her hair into a shamrock for St. Patrick's Day.  I will post a bunch of the highlights of the year later.   I also set a goal to make fun lunches for her each day.  She LOVED them and quite a few moms made fun of me for it, but they thought it was cute too.  My daughter got more adventurous as the year went on and she actually bought lunch more than I thought she would... but it was fun coming up with ideas each day.  I will also post some highlights of her lunches at some point.

Anyway... As the school year winds down, the end I the year festivities pick up.  So far I have successfully made luau inspired cake pops for the PTA installation dinner and an earth cake for a teacher appreciation/retirement party for my sons school.... That was quite a week, in a heat wave no less!

Now I have been switching gears to end of the year gifts.  I wanted to do something fun and cute for each of their classes and this is what I came up with...

For my son's class I found these cute Crayola coloring book rolls at Target.  I made up a little tag that reads "Have a colorful summer!" and wrapped them up for the kids.  



For my daughter's class I found these cute colorful high bounce balls at Five Below.  I made a tag that reads "Have a Ball this summer"  I added the tag to a heavy stock and had her sign it.  I think they came out adorable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!