Saturday, June 1, 2013

What's Behind Box Number 1?

It's been a busy few weeks , especially with the kids winding down their school year... But I wanted to share quickly that yesterday we picked up our first box from the CSA we joined.

Just staring at the box was like Christmas morning for me.  I loved the anticipation of what was inside and it didn't disappoint.
  This week's shipment is a "pre-week" so it seemed a little light, but it was still full of fun things... 

This is what I got:

Lettuce Mix - 1 bag (not washed) Spinach - 1 bag (not washed)
Mustard Mix - 1 bunch
Radishes - 1 bunch
Collards - 1 bunch
Chive Blossoms - 1 bunch
Oregano - 1 bunch
Toscano Kale - 1 bunch

**isn't it SO pretty!


Now the fun begins...what to make?  I haven't made anything yet, but I decided to make a chive blossom vinaigrette right away.  I wanted to get that going, because it is best to let it sit for a few days.  I am thinking that will be delicious over the salad greens and some sliced radishes!


Since there wasn't a ton of blossoms, I only used half of the jar size of vinegar.   I snipped off the blossom and added them to the vinegar.   Then I closed up the lid and will leave it in a cool place to sit for a few days. 




Update....This is day three of the vinegar...it's getting a really lovely purple color.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask questions. I am happy to help share anytime!